Monday, March 14, 2016

2016 Academy Awards

Every year I get excited for the Academy Awards. They are like my Super Bowl. I have a party of one and have a grand old time :) This year I was super excited to have Chris Rock back as host. I love Chris Rock and I thought he did a fantastic job this year. I also thought he did a great job at addressing the issue of people boycotting the Oscars. I don't want to go into a deep discussion about that so I will leave it to that. Below are some pictures that I took at my Oscar party and yes I have my own Oscar :)




So most years there is someone in either the Best Actor/Actress category or the Best Supporting Actor/Actress category that I would want to win but this year there wasn't anyone that I really cared about winning, There was one person in the Best Actress that I didn't want to win and that was Jennifer Lawrence. I just don't think she is that great of an actress like most people think. It seems like everyone just loves her and that she is an awesome actress and for me I just can't stand her. I also could care less if Leonardo DiCaprio won his Oscar or not. I don't care for him as much as I did in his younger years. I;m just glad that I don't hear next year if this will be his year to win or not.

This year I have seen 5 of the 8 nominated films which is crazy cause I usually see one or none of the nominated films. I refuse to watch 2 of the nominated films because it either looks too stupid
(Mad Max) or too violent (The Revenant). I'm still up in the air if I will watch The Big Short, The reason I don't want to watch it is because Brad Pitt is in it and I can't stand him. I have heard a lot people say it is a really good film and I bet it is but I just can't stand him. I'll probably break down and watch it.

I have enjoyed most of the films that I watched. I was really hoping that The Martian or Bridge of Spies would have won Best Picture because I thought both films were fantastic in their different ways. After watching Brooklyn and Room I could see why they were nominated and they were really good too in their different ways. But any ways onto the winner.


2016- Spotlight



I REALLY did not want this to win and it took a few weeks for me to finally bite the bullet and watch it. To be completely honest I did not like the film and I thought it was boring. For those of you who don't know what the film is about here is a very brief summary about it from IMDB:

"The true story of how the Boston Globe uncovered the massive scandal of child molestation and cover-up within the local Catholic Archdiocese, shaking the entire Catholic Church to its core."

The majority of the film is based at the Boston Globe with the investigating unit discussing about how to go about finding the victims, finding the priests and how to break the news about all of this to the Boston area and then to the rest of the country. I don't really know what I was expecting from this film but it was boring and I found myself getting distracted by other stuff and praying for it to end.











No comments:

Post a Comment